This night the Treasures of Motezuma Blitz server was undergoing an emergency maintenance and, therefore, may have been partially unavailable.

We apologize for the inconvinience caused.

Right now the game server is back online for all users and fully functional. Please restart the game to get your tournament rewards and daily minigames.

57 Responses to “Treasures of Montezuma Blitz Server Maintenance.”

1. mJ_mSv says:

I get my tournament online reward, but my local reward have been buggy last week, when I first boot game after tournament I do not get the reward, but I pop up on my local list alone with last week score, if I press leaderboards the opposite happends, my score disappears and my friends new week score shows up. I close the game and restart and finally I get my reward, but my local bonus is 1000 crystals for no.1 instead of around 50000 (I have around 50 friends playing every week) the world prize is right thought, this have happend several times last weeks! I wonder if its becouse I have too many friends playing it so blitz does not manage to calculate fast enough? anyway its not too big deal for me as I have enough crystals, but I could had more too share then :). also the scratchcard does not show up first time, but after the next boot, this never happends the other days of week strangly either,so it must be something to do with the tournament, maybe it takes too long time to boot my friends scores so it skips first time? only once happend my friends score does not show up on first boot latly on other days also on the leaderboard.

Well, this was most probably due to the unscheduled maintenance, server may have not been fully functional for a while. After the next reboot the game should be back to normal. Sorry if that caused too much inconvinience.

• Ghost13CK says:

Yea on me i start up the game and i look at the friends list and everything is zero but most of my friends play this game. Then i go to view my friends stats and it says invite. Also instead of me getting crystals from the tournament it doesnt give me anything and evrything is like this
      0d 0h 0m
      so what can i do anyone plaease help me

Will check it now, sorry for inconvinience.

Please try restarting the game now, it should be ok. If no, do not hesitate to comment here again.

• Ghost13CK says:

I cannot view the Global Leaderboards and i have tried deleting the game and reinstalling it and still doesnt show me. wat do i do to get this fixed??

Hello,

Have you confirmed new Terms of use in PSN settings after the last firmware update? We observed some issues with network features if they are not accepted. Maybe it can help.

2. mJ_mSv says:

We will see, I’ll give you a update next week if it still happends :)

3. marii tejo says:

i dont have mini games never … disculpas escribo en español no puedo mucho ingles pero queria decir que desde que instale el juego nunca vi de nuevo los minijuegos para ganar cristales… i cant play daily mini games never show me the minigame screen

Hello,

that’s very strange, first such case I’ve heard of. You are aware, of course, that in order to get the minigame you have to be both signed in to PSN and online?
      If you are, but it still does not work, please let us know your online ID, and we could try looking into it.

4. Steve says:

Finally!
    After more than nine months and what I estimate to be around 175-200+ thousand crystals, I hit the formerly impossible Nuclear Blast.

I’d ended up with three or fewer left on screen more times than I care to count, but this time I hit the last one on screen just a half second before the screen refilled.
    I had the most luck with Purple Totem, Dynamite, and Lightning bonuses. Just using the Purple and Dynamite didn’t give me enough coverage no matter how many I had placed and how far apart the spacing. One other thing I’ve noticed is that nearly 75% of the time when you do a mix the game will give you a setup for a four in-a-row match. So if you’re still trying to hit the Nuclear, mix often.

5. Chris says:

I’m level 84 in TOM Blitz and have been playing the game since it was released and I was at 92 hours play time and I played the game some earlier today and went to check my stats and they were reset. It says I have only 9 hours of play time in the game. I spent over 90 hours on this game and my stats are now way off of 100 hours.

I read that the 100 hour trophy was going to be fixed but then it was decided to be left alone because it wasn’t fair to the people who already got the 100 hours, but its not fair to me having 90+ hours out of the 100 then having my stats reset for no reason.

Is there anyway I can get my hours played added back to my stats or am I forced to start over or stop playing TOM Blitz?

• Steve says:

Did you just do an update to the game?

One of the patches reset the counter to zero. But it won’t effect you getting the Denizen trophy. The keep the actual info on the number of hours on the games server so you’ll get the trophy when you hit 100 whether you’re in-game info says you’ve hit 100 hours or not.
      As an example, my in-game info says I currently have 67+ hours of total gameplay time, but my stats were reset back when I had around 85 hours. I got Denizen when my new counter time was reading 33 hours.

Your hours may have still been counted despite what the stats say.

My Denizen trophy unlocked when the stats said 55 hours if I remember correctly, because my first 45 hours of play had not been counted by the stats, but they still counted towards the trophy.

• Steve says:

Forgot to mention that you only need around an hour more of game-time to hit Denizen at this point.

We have conducted an investigation, that revealed that you now have 37 hours of playtime saved on the server, which, given your current level and average scores, seems correct.

6. Jeff says:

Hi, I couldn’t find a help section so I am posting this here since I am having trouble with the game server. It tells me that I have to connect to the game server to be able to save, and everytime I tryit says it can’t connect. I dont know why that is since I am signed into Playstation Network, and I obviously can connect to the internet because I am using my Vita to type this. I continued without saving because I wanted to try it out first, and I even leveled up a few times and earned a couple of trophies. Now that I’ve played it a bit and enjoy it for the great game that it is, I would like to be able to save my progress. Please help.

7. Droptank says:

Has the point value been lowered? I dont know about anyone else but as of late, my scores have been unusually low. Also does anyone else notice that when you use totems their corresponding colors in the game are ridiculously scarce? Lastly, I find it frustrating when my time bonus does not count when it takes that split second to “fly” to the clock. Perhaps the update could include a fix for that by adding the time at the exact moment.

8. Ghost13CK says:

Anyone if you can help me because i just dont get the daily scratch card or the tournament bonuses please try to help me.

9. Steve says:

After working on this for several weeks, I am finally confident enough of my results to share some scratch-off info.

I’d noticed what I thought was a pattern in the scratch-off that repeated, so I started making daily records of the spots that were occupied by the symbols to see if I was correct.

From what I can tell the scratch-off gives you the same pattern of three winning symbols every day, until you uncover them and collect it. This three way match will be the highest prize you can win for that puzzle. After you claim it the game mixes, and you start over with a new pattern of three maximum prize winning tiles. The non-winning tiles shift daily from what I can tell, but not the top three prize winning tiles.

As an example, I had three cups, (the 60,000 crystals prize) in a diagonal pattern in the lop left, center, and lower right spots. And this repeated daily for four days until I claimed it. To see if I was correct I scratched the left and the center spots one day, and the center and right spots the next to see if they shifted or alternated for several days. This pattern held for four days straight, and on the fifth day I collected it by scratching them all together to get the 60,000 crystal reward.
    The next was the one I think is a green plant in a gold vase. (The 12,000 crystal prize). This one held the middle left, bottom left, and bottom center spots. I switched back and forth on this one the same way for three days, and collected it today. There was no shift for the winning three tiles until I collected the prize.

I’ll let others figure out how useful, (if at all) this information is. And how best to use it. I can’t be 100% sure if there is more than one winning set of tiles in the scratch-off since the rest of the tiles don’t get revealed daily, (yet).
    But from what I can tell, if you uncover two matching tiles, you should only hunt for the third tile since the first two matches won’t shift till you hit them all together.

10. Jan Nadal says:

Hi Alawar,

First of all, I would like to say thanks for creating a game that me and wife really loves to play. It’s one of the most played games on the PS Vita.

Anyway, on to my question.

How come our score doesn’t update on the Leaderboard? When we play, we are usually online and connected to the PSN Network, but unfortunately, our scores don’t add up to our previous score? It gets frustrating esp when the tournament is about to finish (checking who is on top and who is following you on the standings) and you have no idea if you have won or not. The last updated score that we got was last week, and no matter how much we played during the weekend, that score remained unchanged.

Hope you guys can help us, we love the game. Just in case you may need it; my account name in the game is JBlaze143.

Thanks again and more power

Hi Jan,

you see, leaderboards scores are not supposed to add up. Leaderboard only shows the highest score you achieved during the week; to increase the score, you need to beat the previous one.

To increase your scores, you could try combining different bonuses and totems to see which work out best for you. Also, it may be worth checking out the Tricks posts here on the blog - they contain both the game basics and some of the more advanced hints.

• Jan Nadal says:

Thank you soo much for clarifying that with me. Now I know how it works.

It’s really a great game… keep up the good work and more power to you guys ^_^

11. Steve says:

The servers are down at the moment.

Please let it be for the update. Fingers and toes crossed.

12. Stranger_Eddie says:

After 222 days, I conquered all Trophies!

=D

13. Kenny007 says:

For the past few weeks now, it seems every time I go to check who the weekly tournament winners are, the scores are all zeroed out and only my lone score remains, obviously in 1st place. This is perhaps most disappointing when I know I likely maintained my #1 position at the finish. I mentioned this to a few people on my friends list who have run into the same thing at least once themselves.

Perhaps worse still, the rewards are often not provided or they reflect the fact that ‘no one actually challenged me’ and my rewards appear to be less than they should had everyone’s scores loaded.

Hopefully this maintenance fixed it, as this cropped up again after the maintenance concluded.

You need to be online for these features to work.

• Kenny007 says:

I assumed that was a given in my concern, but just to clarify, I was. I often jump between this game and Ecolibrium, both which require online access and ToMB seems to act up every Sunday without fail. Multiple attempts to load the program, rebooting the Vita, nothing seems to kick it out of a zeroed leaderboard, despite all other programs having no issue with online access (games, store, netflix, etc).

Most recently, this happened this past Sunday, as I expected it would, so I just didn’t bother with it at all once I noticed the 0’s. Took another look at it yesterday evening and the game did come back and mention that I did in fact win last weeks contest, so at least I didn’t lose out on the reward this time. Strangely enough, it did seem to update my medal count prior to that, without letting me know I’d won.

Again, this only seems to happen at the close of a weekly tournament; no issues at all throughout the week.

The leaderboards reset on the end of the weekly tournament. I.e. the leaderboards only reflect the results of the tournament. If you are the only one of your friends who played after the tournament has ended, it’s ok for them to be showing zero scores.

• Kenny007 says:

What the board generally looks like is my score for that week in the #1 spot, regardless of whether or not it was first place worthy, with the others all at 0. This is before playing for the first time for the new week.

Some weeks, like this one, seem to just reward me late, but otherwise in full. Other weeks, the game seems to assume that I played unchallenged all week and award me the #1 spot accordingly, albeit with a lower gem reward (since it thinks no one else participated).

Is there perhaps a lull between the ending of a tournament and the start of the new week, causing this hiccup?

It is the only strangeness I’ve encountered in this otherwise awesome title; well that and for some reason I can’t seem to tap the lower corners very reliably in kickout mode. It can be hard to gauge where I’m tapping when that madness is going on.

• Kenny007 says:

To clear that up a tad, some weeks I’ll legitimately earn first place, having been aware of how the scores were going throughout the week (unless of course there was some sort of last minute success by a friend), whereas others I’ll simply be given first place because the game shows everyone else as having earned 0 for the week, even though they once had scores posted.

• Steve says:

Normally mine will update at 9:00 PM Eastern time on Sunday, (an hour later than through the week) but the last couple weeks it’s been erratic.
          I had one update just after midnight and the other at 11:30 PM.

The numbers for all my friends will zero out at the normal time but my score doesn’t. I can set a new high after the other scores zero out also. I don’t get my scratch-off until my score zeros.
          I’m always online and connected.

14. marios(MAR_KAT_LEO) says:

GOOD MORNING FROM GREECE.I START THE GAME BEFORE TWO HOURS AND I WAS WAITING TO GET THE GOLD METAL AFTER MAKING 268 MILIONS AND THE SECOND OF MY LOCAL TOURNAMENT HAD ABOUT ONLY 4MILIONS BUT I GOT A SILVER METAL AND LESS CRYSTALS AND HEARTS.WHY THAT HAPPENED?ALSO WHEN I COULD UPGRADE THE VERSION TO 1.8?I HAVE THE 1.7 BUT NO UPDATE SIGN HAS BEEN IN MY STARTING SCREEN.THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

15. jimmyleo says:

where is the update?

I think Alawar use the term “Soon” in the same way they used the term “Weekly” for the weekly tricks. :p

16. Fearless_soul13 says:

I know this May be a stupid,but why do you need money to play with the Coin attachment things I just don’t get it?!?!

17. Fearless_soul13 says:

Bitches

18. Rebecca Clark says:

On start up it will go theriugh first. Two. Load screens then turns off why ?

We see no issues from serverside, could you please provide more information, your PSN ID and screenshots?

19. Cit Mn says:

same problem here. my friends score show zero. i have to invite all of my friend although they never receive any of my invitation. my score stuck the same for 2 weeks.

20. hzoi says:

Server has been down for two to three days this week. Is it coming back up?

21. Dmitry says: