Hello everyone,

as you may have noticed, Treasures of Montezuma Blitz has been experiencing certain server issues this morning, resulting in incorrect representation of tournament results. However, the issues have been dealt with, and server is back online, operating in normal mode.

We apologise for any inconvenience it may have caused and wish you the best time playing our game.

31 Responses to “Treasures of Montezuma Blitz server is back”

1. Steve says:

To say the least.

My scores were replacing each other in the local leader-board, even if they were smaller than the previous score.

I also received no lives or crystals this week, even though I came in first in my group of friends. Is this going to be fixed?

I hate to say it, but with the screwed up leader-boards, allowing old glitched versions to cheat on scoring, and now not getting any lives or crystals for winning the local tournament, this game is losing it’s fun factor.
    And I never thought I’d say that about this game.

Thank you for letting us know, we’ll investigate this as soon as we know your online id.

As for version 1.00, its results are only visible to owner, and visible only locally. I’m at loss for whatever reason you are able to see them in the leaderboards. The nearest person with 1.00 protocol version is now well below top-3000 players, and not visible in global leaderboards on console.

2. mk says:

Steve
    They are working to avoid appear glitchy score from 1.00. For casual player is not important who is first in global but you must understand that competition must be fair. So i wish it would be in near future.

Tomblitz
    I wonder if it is easier to change a little the algorithm by a marked decrease of the frequency of bonuses.Im not sure but i think need to change values in variables.
    Interests me what causes such a high rate.

1.00 are already unable to post to tournament leaderboards at all. They can only view their own results locally. Besides, the version-oner closest to the top would not even be as close as top-3000 now.

Unfortunately, the high frequency of bonuses on higher levels was a bug of version 1.00, that could not be changed from the server. It was one of the reasons to release update as well.

3. FBanin says:

Like Steve, I came first in my group of friends and not receive any cristals and lives.

4. Amy says:

Ditto to Steve’s and FBanin’s remarks. I came in first amongst my friends, and also had a score high enough to make it in the top 700 scoreboard (which I believe that would also add extra crystals for doing so) but I never got lives nor crystals after the server came back on. I want to know if this will be rewarded eventually, or compensated somehow.

5. Steve says:

This glitch wouldn’t be that much of a problem, if not for the fact that winning crystals in the daily scratch-off is hard/rare enough, and very few people actually share them, even when you explain that it costs them nothing to do so.

You’re forced to rely on the weekly tournament to get a decent cluster of crystals, and when a screw-up like this happens, you’re stuck with grinding for another week to get a handout.

6. Steve says:

Also, I have relaunched the game and restarted the system all to no avail.

I ended up with a six hour late scratch-off, (200 crystals no surprise at all) and that’s it. Still no lives or bonus crystals for coming in first.

7. jimmyleo says:

I’m interest at when the v1.8 out. XD

8. mJ_mSv says:

Still no weekly reward here either… Hopefully it will be back next week as normal atleast :), great to see v1,00 scores gone aswell

9. Jorge says:

Hi
    I have been trying to play but I am always receiving the error “the application is unable to start, I have tried to delete it and download it back but as soon as I update it, I receive the same message. Any clues¿?

10. mark says:

stuck on loading screen what would be the problem? i have the latest update. done all yhe restarting method nothing works?

11. psn id JONLAMP says:

Having this issue right now- just updated to 2.05- no global leaderboard info at all. all my friends have 0 points. I have 7.9m points. tournament for the week is over (time remaining is 0 0 0). No scratch off and no weekly tournament crystals rewarded. I tried reinstalling and rebooting. no luck. Is there something going on?

12. tomblitz says:

Glad it finally worked for you, and thank you for patience.
    It seems extremely strange, however, that you had to reinstall the game - it should have happened on relaunch. Looks like we’ll have to continue investigating.

13. Steve says:

It may have had something to do with the new firmware.

I had installed 1.81 after trying multiple times to refresh and restart the game to get the weekly stuff to show up. I had no luck. Then 1.81 showed and I updated.

It was after this that the game locked and wouldn’t start completely again. It locked at about the 90% range.

After the reinstall everything was fine and the weekly stuff was just there, with no announcement about rank or what I’d won.

I don’t know if that helps or not.